How do I care for bridal jewellery?
Our bridal jewellery isn’t just for your wedding day. We want you to enjoy our gorgeous bracelets, necklaces, and earrings for many years to come. To do this, caring for your bridal jewellery is essential to keeping it looking its best and ready to wear whenever you are.
To help you, we’ve put together some top tips for taking care of different types of jewellery.
Tips For Caring For Your Bridal Jewellery
- If you wear your jewellery all the time, be sure to take it off if you’re going to be doing any sort of activity where it might get knocked, pulled or damaged. We also recommend taking it off when you go to bed, storing it appropriately depending on the item.
- Wipe pearl embellishments with a damp cloth after wear, particularly if you use perfume or hairspray.
- Make sure to apply perfume, hand or body lotion before you put your jewellery on, as the chemicals in them can damage stones and pearls.
- To make gold or silver jewellery shine bright, rub them with a soft, clean cloth.
- For most pieces, effective cleaning can be achieved with soapy water. You can also use a soft brush for a deeper clean, but we wouldn’t advise getting pearls wet.
- Store jewellery separately, where possible, to stop them from getting tangled up.
For any piece of jewellery, we recommend referring to any supplied care instructions to avoid damaging your pieces.